QLD Career Boost Scholarship
Women in Media Queensland is again offering a scholarship of up to $5000 to boost the career of a mid-career woman in media by undertaking academic or professional development.
The scholarship is open to women in media and related fields with more than 10 years of experience, currently living and working in Queensland, who wish to study in 2023-24 to boost their careers.
This includes women in traditional media, communications, public relations, media production and technology.
This scholarship aims to help mid-career women broaden their qualifications to improve their promotion and leadership prospects in media and related fields or to give them a new skill to transition into another media-related field.
All we ask is that you share that knowledge with as many other women in media as possible.
Examples of study include: Executive Graduate Certificate in Business Administration; Executive Graduate Certificate in Business (Leadership through Coaching and Mentoring) Graduate Certificate in Business (Enterprise Leadership); AICD Company Directors Course. You may choose another course.
Women in Media Queensland Career Boost Scholarship: Past Recipients
2022 Scholarship Recipient Jodie Gunders
‘I can’t believe how relevant this is to what I’m doing at work!’
2021 Scholarship Recipient Kellie Riordan
Fledgling production studio boosted by scholarship
2020 Scholarship Recipient Meg Purtell
After a quick scramble, the career boost begins
The scholarship is awarded at the discretion of the WiM Qld Committee and the information is correct as at the time of posting. WiM Qld reserves the right to award one or more scholarships. The selection panel’s decision is final.
Scholarship entitlements include:
* The scholarship total value is up to $5000 paid by WiM Qld.
* It may be a contribution towards a greater overall cost.
* A lesser amount may be awarded if the cost of the course of study is less.
* Course materials may be included as part of the total value and paid on the presentation of receipts.
Eligibility and Conditions
To qualify you must meet the following requirements:
* Must reside in Queensland at the time of application.
* Be an Australian resident.
* A WiM Qld scholarship cannot be deferred, and applicants must not have already commenced their studies.
* If successful, the recipient must start their program in 2023. It may be completed in 2024.
* Scholarships are conditional on acceptance to an institution approved by WiM Qld for the allocated course of study.
* Other funding/grants must be declared at the time of application and/or award acceptance and are subject to WiM Qld approval.
* WiM Qld will pay or reimburse the scholarship awarded up to $5000 on the production of satisfactory evidence of enrolment in the course of study and provision of invoices or receipts.
* The successful applicant will agree that WiM Qld can use their image and reports in their publications.
* The successful applicant will be required to sign a contract.
* Qualifications: Have at least 10 years’ working experience in media or related fields.
The Women in Media Queensland $5000 Career Boost Scholarship recipient will be interviewed and selected by a panel convened by WiM Queensland.
A 300-word statement outlining your story and study proposal, including how you will share it with others
A resume – two pages
Two referees with contact details
The study program should begin in the 2023 calendar year and be relevant to boosting your career. The proposal should identify:
• An educational component of the study
• A plan with clearly defined goals to achieve the proposed program
• Details how your study will benefit women in media
• Outline how your results will be disseminated to other women in media.
Successful candidates must also demonstrate their willingness to share their knowledge in return and to productively build ongoing partnerships and linkages.
Interviews for applicants:
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview with a panel to discuss their proposal either in person or, if necessary, via video. Applicants will be informed 1-2 weeks prior to the interview date. The awarding of the scholarship will be announced in mid-2023.
Prior to applying, applicants need to read the eligibility & conditions section. Applications must be completed and submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: WiM Qld $5000 Career Boost Scholarship application, or complete this application form.